[orca-list] Spell word problem solved

Hello all,

Yesterday I mentioned that spell word wasn't working correctly, along
with a few other things. It turns out it's not specific to
speech-dispatcher. I'm gposting detailed symptoms and the very simple
solution below in case anyone else runs into this very annoying problem.

Symptoms:

1. Spell word only reads the first character of the word.
2. gnome-speech volume being softer than normal.
  @a. Hyperlinks being read at a softer volume than normal text, but the
hyperlink voice's volume setting is 9.0
3. Say all only reads one line

Solution

Delete your .orca directory, quot orca, and restart.

The moral of the story is ... if you see weird things happening, it may
very well be that Orca has had its settings violated, and it *really*
doesn't like that. So back them up and start over, and see if that
helps ... it worked for me.

HTH,
Garrett
--