Re: [orca-list] OT: brltty question

On Wed, 14 May 2008, Jason White wrote:

I haven't done this yet, but others on this list have successfully set it up.

I got it working a little while ago, but the UEB contraction table has bugs... I'll need to do some hacking at some stage.

I mostly work at the console level and so I just haven't needed contracted
braille in Orca yet, but that will change as I use Firefox more extensively,

I tend to do the same, but exact screen layout is important for me.
Especially when coding for example:
int i;
Won't look as good in grade 2 braille since it won't show me the exact layout and that can be very important when coding.

In a gui grade 2 is nice, but personally I hardly ever use contracted in a console. (text-mode)

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d dalton iinet net au>