Re: [orca-list] OT: brltty question

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 12:04:58PM +0100, Chris Norman wrote:
I am trying to get contracted braille on my Ubuntu 8.04 system. I am
english and use grade 2 braille.

To achieve this in Orca you need to visit http://www.jjb-software.com/ then
download and install the liblouis library. You then need to enable Grade II
translation in Orca.

I haven't done this yet, but others on this list have successfully set it up.
I mostly work at the console level and so I just haven't needed contracted
braille in Orca yet, but that will change as I use Firefox more extensively,
especially for reading content rather than just navigating
Javascript-intensive Web pages.