Re: [orca-list] orca, java access bridge and java

Hi Sergio:

There is a bigger problem happening somewhere in the scope of the Java Access Bridge for GNOME, which differs from the Java Access Bridge for Windows. This problem can expose symptoms such as some controls being intermittently accessible, and sometimes just not spoken at all. We're actively looking at this problem right now, and have made it a goal to have them resolved by GNOME 2.24 this fall. We don't understand the problem fully at this point, however, so we cannot guarantee we will meet this goal. But, we are trying very hard.

Will

1. On java control panel, it's hard to navigate between tabs. I have to do the following to navigate: press right down arrow and then space bar, and
sometimes it doesn't work.

2. On advanced tab of java control panel, It's impossible to read the tree
view that is displayed. This tree view is very important because it has
security options and browser plugin configurations.
3. I've made a project for a course on faculty, which one class extends
JApplet. I'm unable to read its components.

Is it possible to do anything to solve these problems?
If I'm not wrong, some members of orca team are connected to Sun
Microsystems.
Even if these problems were not part of your scope, is it possible to
contact people that can solve them?
Even if they are not orca bugs, they are critical problems related to
accessibility.
Note: on Microsoft windows, I'm not able to read the tree view on advanced tab of java control panel, but I'm able to navigate between the tabs and I'm
able to read components of classes wich extend JApllet.

Thanks for the attention taken reading this message

Best regards

Sérgio Neves