Re: [orca-list] Login Desktop, CMU Arctic, SAPI via Wine?

am Mo 05. Mai 2008 um 17:23:41 schrieb Veli-Pekka Tätilä <vtatila gmail com>:
[...]
eSpeak is Ok to me but I could use it faster than it currently goes, I
think. Also I think part of the lag might be explained by Gnome speech
itself rather than eSPeak. they use OSS, rather than ALSA, I think, and the
Orca wiki states that one advantage of using speech dispatcher is less
latency. Well, that setup seemed very hard, so I'm skipping it for the
moment.

In Hardy Orca and Gnome-speech use Pulseaudio, so that one annoying issue
has gone: You now are able to use speech and play audio files together.
However: The use of Speech-Dispatcher is very difficault now. I don't want
to repeat all the discussions we had about this, but if you are interested,
check out the list archive in March and April.
Hermann