Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu Hardy Install Instructions (Re: updating wiki?)

You said in part:
SYS ADMIN:

1) Create root's ~/.orbitrc file (/root/.orbitrc, with and owner.group of root.root with a mode of 644 on my system):

ORBIIOPIPv4=1
ORBIIOPUNIX=0

2) Edit /etc/sudoers to add the following line after the line with "env_reset" in it:

Defaults env_keep+="GTK_MODULES"

A couple of probably stupid questions arise from this procedure.
1. Where should the .orbitrc file live... in the root directory or in the home directory that needs a talking sysadmin? 2. When I did chmod 644 .orbitrc I got an invalid mode message back. What do I do to get these permissions set? 3. When I did chown root.root .orbit I got an invald message about that. Do I have my arguments backwards? Am I using these commands incorrectly or is it done differently in ubuntu?

I know I am showing my ignorance here, but as you can see, I need a little hand-holding through this.

Thanks