[orca-list] sudo apt-get install ...anything... returns enable to resolve host

Thisworked after freshly installing ubuntu 8.04 but I cannot install any new packages because of the error shown in the subject line of this message. I know this doesn't pertain to this list discussion, but could someone please help me fix this? Everything else is working wonderfully. One of the things I am trying to get through apt-get is something that will play .mp3 files. Any recommendations will be much appreciated.

Thanks