Re: [orca-list] Evolution Nearly Unusable on my System

am So 30. Mär 2008 um 11:49:22 schrieb Steve Holmes <steve holmesgrown com>:
I want to add that the major stability problems with Evolution and
Orca seem to be better if I stick to local spool and folders. Ass soon
as I get prompted for passwords or anything, that's when it completely
falls appart.  I lose speech and all.  I noticed that sometimes I can
do the alt-f2 and restart Orca but other times that doesn't do it
either.  I use IMAP for all my e-mail needs so if IMAP doesn't work
right with Evolution, then I'll have to stay with mutt.  From what
I've seen otherwise, I like Evolution and want to give it go where
possible.  I wonder how good the calendar works from an a11y
stand-point.

Evolution is fairly accessible, so I don't know what's wrong in your case. It can handle IMAP folders - have
tried it
myself.
Did you succeed in setting up your mail accounts? Did you choose an external SMTP server, you write something
about
local spool folders. I think Evolution can handle this setting too, but I'm not familiar with this. You
should be
prompted only once for your password, provided you set your account up that way.
When Evolution starts correctly, you should adjust some settings in the view menu, but that's the next point.
Hermann