Re: [orca-list] orca and java applications

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 07:40:49AM -0400, Willie Walker wrote:

Java a11y support on AT-SPI is still a little dicey right now, but it
is something we're focusing on for GNOME 2.24.

It would also be useful to have the Java access bridge distributed as part of
Gnome. I don't know about other distributions, but Debian, for example,
doesn't package it. Neither do they include Sun's Java implementation in the
main distribution, but that will change owing to the release of Java under the
GPL in the OpenJDK project.

I know they're still reimplementing legally encumbered code, but once that
happens, I would expect distributions to package the JDK and include it. When
this occurs, I think the access bridge should be provided as well.