Re: [orca-list] Skype and command line options

I had been lead to believe that the public API had been improved, so I
had made some initial exploration of the skype 2.0 application. In that
search I found some comments about command line arguments for skype. The
main problem I am hitting for a fully accessible way to use skype in
Linux is that some things still need to be done in the actual skype
application.

The first problem I had (which I think there is no way round for someone
relying entirely on Orca) is that the first time you start skype there
is a license agreement window, it seems you must select the agree button
in this (ie. no other way to agree). As this was a bit of a stopper for
me, this was as far as I could actually go myself. Doing some searching
on the internet revealed a linux journal article on making a skype
server to allow you to use your standard phone equipment for skype.
Quickly browsing through this it seemed like there were possibly some
other setup stuff which needed to be done in the skype application.

For those who really must have skype in Linux, this idea of a skype
server might be an idea if you can get the sighted assistance on setting
it up. I unfortunately don't have the exact link for you but I am sure
that google will be a good friend here.

From
Michael Whapples