Re: [orca-list] Missing text line, and other problems

Hermann wrote:
This is also well known: Every time you switch between the speech
servers, you have to set up Sd completely new. Don't know why.

Hello Jonathan and Hermann,

I believe this should be fixed.  I am not sure there is a way to to
obtain the previous setting from Orca, but at least setting the default
voice according to the current locale would make sense.

I can imagine such problems may be quite annoying, so I would encourage
people to report them constructively.  It's hard for me to find this out
as I am not actively using Orca...

4.  When using "Speech Dispatcher", the default Pitch setting of 5 does
not give the normal pitch.  Instead it gives a higher pitch which
sounds wrong.  A Pitch setting of 4.5 gives the normal pitch.  With the
GNOME speech driver the Pitch setting of 5 is correct.

I can confirm this, but I think this is to a certain extend a matter of
taste. I tend to raise the pitch a bit higher. In addition: The
differences between higher pitch for capitals and the lower pitch for
links has to be bigger than in Gnome-speech in order to realize  it.
Hermann

What Jonathan wants makes sense to me.  The default Orca value should
map to the Espeak default pitch.  I'll try to "fix" that as well as the
progression which causes the pitch difference for capitals.

best regards, Tomas