[orca-list] problem with firefox 3

i am having trouble with firefox 3, the version that comes with ubuntu gutsy, i believe it is granparadiso which i installed using apt. what happens is that when i start the app the homepage doesn't appear and now every time i start it orca asks me if i want to restart my session with the previous page or a new page and when i click on the button for new session or whatever i get the same problem with no page appearing like it is not even attempting to start and perhaps all i see are the desktop icons.
how can i fix this so i can download the hardy beta?