Re: [orca-list] VirtualBox

Hi Mike,
Many thanks for that info will have a look.
It will be XP I will be installing.
So with this curses driver I could see the beginning of the installation of XP?
Many thanks,
Christian

On 2008-03-19 at 13:24 Mike Gorse wrote:

Hi Christian,

Try VBoxManage.  Running it without any arguments should give you a good
synopsis of its usage.  There is also a user manual for VirtualBox that I
would recommend skimming.  I've used VBoxSDL to start a vm under X, and it
works well (although Orca won't read anything, of course).  I couldn't get
my scanner to work with it, but that is a separate issue.

Depending on what you're trying to install, you might also want to look at
the cvs version of qemu, since it has a curses driver that allows the vm's
output to be sent to a text console as long as the display remains in text
mode.

-- Mike Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.freeshell.org --