[orca-list] Could someone recommend another messenger that works with Orca

Hi...
Over the last several months Pidgin Messenger has become so unstable. It works good for a few minutes and then freezes. I then have to restart it. Could someone recommend another messenger that works with Orca. Also, are there any web based messengers that work with Orca. I tried Meebo but Orca doesn't work with that one. Thanks.
Charlie