Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:37 PM
Subject: [orca-list] orca on hardy

hi again.

I had no luck installing or even booting into ubuntu 7.10 gutsy because of a vedeo problem, so I took the challanged and installed hardy. I had somebody help me install it as the installation is still not accessible as of today.

after doing sudo apt-get dist-upgrade, I have gnome and orca version 2.22.0 which does work fine out of the box with firefox b3 beta 3 that comes with the current dev of hardy.

I did sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca and also sudo apt-get install subversion gnome-common automake1.9 with no warnings whatsoever.

I also got the latest revision of orca trunk which is currently 3720. I am hesitant to go from here, as I am not sure of what to do next. I don't want to risk my working installation. what is next, do I need to install the at-spi and the 2 other modules for the latest orca first? and do I pass any arguments to ./autogen.sh when I build the sources?

thanks alot.
Mohammed.