Re: [orca-list] failure installing orca from sources,

am Do 13. Mär 2008 um 13:01:42 schrieb Mohammed Al-shar' <mohammed atexplorer com>:
very impressive answer Hermann!

really thank you very much. just a question then, and I will go ahead
right now and reinstall gutsy. it isn't difficult to do. what branch of
orca do I need to get under ubuntu gutsy? it ships with gnome2.20. and do
I need to install python-atspi if the answer was to install orca 2.20?

It originally comes with Orca 2.20.0, and if you don't want to install
the latest Orca, you can download version 2.20.3, which I think is the
latest 2.20. But to be sure check it out on the download page. You don't
need python-atspi, but you should do:
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
And BTW: for "./configure" is the very same true than for
"./autogen.sh".
Note: You can do a "sudo apt-get update", but in order to get all the
packages, you should edit /etc/apt/sources.list; do this as root. There
are some addresses excluded, which you should include before doing
"update".
Hermann