To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: [orca-list] failure installing orca from sources,

To make a long story short: I think you should reinstall Gutsy, and then
use Orca 2.20.x, where "x" stands for the latest version.
Set this up and then we can go on with the next steps.
The only command you must perform before installing the latest 2.20 is
sudo apt-get build-dep gnome-orca
Compile the source by using
./configure --prefix=/usr
from within the orca folder. And keep one thing in mind: Don't ignore
warnings; ask before going on if you are in doubt.
Hermann