Re: [orca-list] miscellaneous Orca comments

Janina Sajka wrote:
I'm having only two problems going back and forth between my console
based screen sessions and the gui desktop. Accessing clipboard data is
one of them. The other is tts integration. Speech Dispatcher is supposed
to fix that, but at the moment our tests suggest it's not ready for
that, so I'm using separate TTS engines in each.

Hello Janina,

do I understand it well that you have a problem sharing a single TTS
engine between Orca with Speech Dispatcher backend and speakup with
speechd-up?  This usually works reliably, so I'd be interested in
hearing more details if it fails for you.

Best regards, Tomas