Re: [orca-list] miscellaneous Orca comments

Rich Caloggero writes:
Janina Sajka Wrote:
But I am perplexed with the desire to recreate the console/screen
environment under a gui terminal app. What am I missing here? What
advantage does it offer? How and why is it the appropriate tool for a
particular task like vim editing, for example?

For those without speakup in their kernel, it allows them to have the best
of both worlds: the GUI for tasks which require it (web browsing,
recording, etc), and a terminal for everything else!

Is Speakup too expensive? What? Because I think Orca's a long way from
equivalent access. In fact, I'm arguing it will never catch up. I'm
arguing it can't, just from the nature of where it lives in the stack.

Janina

Am I missing something?
-- Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Janina Sajka" <janina rednote net>