Re: [orca-list] Firefox - link announcements

Hi Rich.

Quick suggestions:

I'll leave the should we/shouldn't we bit up to the user community and
our UI guy.

I'd imagine that this wouldn't be too hard to fix. Where might I find this
code in the sources?

You imagine correctly. <smile> You want to take a look at
getUtterancesFromContents() in Gecko.py.  It handles speaking for non
focus related events (like reading a line of text that contains a link)
whereas our speech generators (a la _getSpeechForLink()) do it for focus
related events.

I've attached a patch that at least does it for links that are text.  I
didn't bother to check out links that are something else (either not
text or multiple roles, like a link that's also a heading).  I also
didn't test it all that much. <smile>  But it should help you narrow in
on how you might go about doing what you want to accomplish (if this
patch doesn't do it).

Hope this helps. Take care.
--Joanie