Re: [orca-list] OT, slow IP connection

Not CNN. Like all of the other big players, they're doing their best to ignore IPv6. Try: www.isc.org, or www.octothorp.org. The first is better because they're directly connected.

          HTH.

--
Bill in Denver

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008, Janina Sajka wrote:

By design IPv6 reverts to IPv4 when no IPv6 connection is available. It
will not have any impact on the throughput of your connection. If your
other net connections are performing more or less as expected, the
culpirt is likely an overloaded, or otherwise encumbered server at the
other end. The usual remedy is to force the use of a different server,
but I cannot advise how that's done with apt.

PS: IPv6 is the bomb, but I'd be surprised if you have it, because one
usually has to intentionally jump through hoops to get it. What makes
you think you're making an IPv6 connection? What happens when you do
something like:

ping6 cnn.com

from a terminal?

Janina

Lenny Ervin writes:
Hi All,
I am running an update, and the connection is painfully slow, in my Ubuntu
7.10.
I read on the web that it is the TCP-stack trying IPv6, when there is no IP6
connection available.
Question,
Will my update change this?
Thanks.