Re: [orca-list] OT, slow IP connection

It is more likely to be the choice of Ubuntu package server.

The default are the US servers, so if you dont live in the US, you most
likely wish to modify your /etc/apt/sources.list to reflect this.

for example I live in the UK, and the first line of my
/etc/apt/sources.list reads as follows:
deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ feisty main restricted

note the gb after the http://
yours would probably be http://us

if you still wish to disable IPV6 then follow these steps:

1. sudo nano -w /etc/modprobe.d/aliases (or your preferred text editor)
2. Find the line: alias net-pf-10 ipv6
3. Edit this to: alias net-pf-10 off
4. Save the file and reboot

Hope this helps