Re: [orca-list] Speech in a terminal

On Ubuntu the terminal is under applications -> accessories I believe.
-----Original Message-----
From: orca-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org]On
Behalf Of Janina Sajka
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 12:34 PM
To: Lenny Ervin
Cc: Orca List
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Speech in a terminal

One more thing, Lenny ...

What you access with Ctrl-Alt-F1 is not a terminal, though it looks and
acts like one. It's called a console. By default, you get six consoles,
F1, F2, through F6. Your graphical desktop, by default, is on
Ctrl-Alt-F7.

There is a Terminal available on the graphical desktop, though, and it
works pretty well with Orca. I'm not certain where you would find it
under Ubuntu, but on Fedora it's on the Applications menu under
System Tools.

Janina