Re: [orca-list] Problem with contracted braille

Hi Alastair:

When you built liblouis, did you follow the instructions at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Braille? There is a special command line switch you need to add to the configure line, and it varies depending upon the platform you are building on.

Will

Alastair Irving wrote:
All

I've been trying to get contracted braille working in Orca.  I've got
liblouis installed and its working fine.  I also compiled Orca
including liblouis support without errors.  However, when I load orca I
get the following python output:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orca/orca.py", line 1540, in main
    braille.displayMessage(message)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orca/braille.py", line 1083, in displayMessage
    refresh(True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orca/braille.py", line 994, in refresh
    string = string.decode("UTF-8")
  File "encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 0-4: unsupported Unicode code range

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is?  (Unicode isn't
something I really understand).

Thank you

Alastair Irving