Re: [orca-list] punctuation not spoken properly when reviewing by character in firefox

Hello,

Willie Walker  wrote:
> I just tested this with Solaris Express Developer Edition 01/08, Orca
> from trunk, and gnome-speech with espeak. The punctuation is speaking
> properly. I have yet to work through the issues with getting
> speech-dispatcher to compile/run on Solaris, so I'm not able to test
> that part yet.

Thanks for trying to test it out. Yes in deed this is speech-dispatcher related issue. I am not using gnome speech dayly but before a while it was reading fine. Can anyone else reproduce this please? I am sure I am not the only one using speech-dispatcher with espeak dayly. To provide more details I was trying english, czech and slovak espeak voices and all of them work the same way. Finally I have got basic python knowledge do you think shal I start playing with the code, analyse what Tomas did for flat review and try to apply that into firefox? I know nothing about Orca coding style nor some internals I am just asking its worth the time. Maybe you or Scott should be able to fix this in a little while once you are sure it's a bug.

Thanks for the help

Peter