[orca-list] Desktop To Console To Desktop--Eventually kills audio

At the moment I'm using TTSynth with the Speakup Connector on my open
consoles, and Espeak with Gnome-Speech with my desktop Orca sessions.

The problem is that I frequently lose speech switching back to the
desktop. It doesn't happen every time I go away and come back, but it
happens quite frequently. Nothing restores my access short of blasting
out (with Ctrl-Alt-Backspace) and logging back in--not exactly efficient. Nothing else seems to restore
speech, not a couple of Insert-S, not Insert-Ctrl-Spacebar--nothing.

PS: Until a few days ago, Gnome-Speech was taking my second audio device
(since TTSynth had the first device already with Speakup). This has now
changed. Both console and desktop speech is going to my first audio
device now. This is preferred, of course, except for the above problem.

Janina

Chair, Open Accessibility       janina a11y org
Linux Foundation                http://a11y.org