Re: [orca-list] speech-dispatcher, Hardy and pulseaudio

Hey there Lorenzo, and thanks for the tip. Well, I am a couple steps closer, but still no sound through speech-dispatcher. The differences though, after removing speech-dispatcher.sh from /etc/profile.d, I am now able to select speech-dispatcher, and whatever synth I want from orca's preferences window. End result though, still no sound when I do a reboot, or by executing spd-say from terminal. Any ideas? I am stumped for sure now. Oh yeah, not sure if this makes any difference or not, I do have messages in speechd.log now that say glistlength=1 and connection closed, after speech-dispatcher waits for client connections. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

Thanks again,

Guy