Re: [orca-list] Text in the address fields is not shown after typing

Hi, hermann,

I think what yo might be seeing results from a focus on reducing the chattiness resulting from the auto-completion used in the address fields. I can't speak to the Braille issues. However, I can always access what is in the address field using either flat review (keypad-8) or keypad-Enter. Are you not getting any feedback from either of these keys?

The problem that I am seeing is that, when alphanumeric key echo is turned off, and the name/address being typed in the address field is not already in the address book, then Orca goes silent. In other words, word echo is not functioning. Are you seeing this behavior? If so, I'll file a bug against Orca for it.

I'll try to look at the other issues you raised later today or tomorrow. Thanks,

dave

Hermann wrote:
Hi,
in one of the latest updates, the chattiness in TB's address fields has been fixed. However: When typing text, Orca is silent, and the text can only be read letter by letter, and isn't brailled at all. Sometimes TB gets stuck in this fields, but I cannot surely reproduce this. Since such problems never occured in Evolution, something must be very different in TB's address fields. What can be the reason for this behavior?
Hermann