Re: [orca-list] quoted text in thunderbird

I don't have > in my list of spoekn punctuation.

Garrett

David E. Price wrote:

Hermann wrote:
So there should be a ">" be presented, either by Orca or by TB. If
this isn't possible, we should think about the presentation seen by
Jaws, "block quote".
I clearly vote for the usual way with ">".
I oppose multiple choices in the preference page, please do not
complicate things without any need. TB should follow the standards.

I would vote against using indicating the quoted text only at the start
and end of the quotation (begin block quote and end block quote)
because, if I am skimming down through a message it would be easier to
miss than the disappearance of the '>' symbol.

And, if the user is allowed to choose the symbol, and the default is a
'>', then no one needs to worry about additional complexity. Personally,
I prefer the '>' indicator, but I know many people who like to change
it. I don't see that having the opportunity to change the symbol
complicates anything for the average user.

dave