Re: [orca-list] quoted text in thunderbird

Hi, Claudia,

Where is/should be the file user.js located?

I have searched the tree containing the executable as well as the .mozilla and .thunderbird directories in my home directory, and I cannot find the file.

Thanks,

dave

Claudia Lackerbauer wrote:
Hello Mike, hello Orca-Community!

Hello all, we are attempting to come up with the best way to present
quoted text in thunderbird for both speech and braille.

By default Thunderbird uses a kind of graphical quoting that is not
accessible by any screenreader.

But it is very easy to learn Thunderbird "normal quoting", that means
the using of ">" (greater-than sign) like nearly every MUA does.

Just install the add on "Quote Colors" and the problem is solved.
Have a look at this webside: <http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/>
The direct download link:
<http://downloads.mozdev.org/quotecolors/quotecolors.xpi>
Install the xpi-file via the add on-manager and deactivate graphical quoting.

Another way is to modify your user.js:

Add these lines to your user.js:
user_pref("mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support", true);
user_pref("mail.quoted_graphical", false);
user_pref("mail.quoteasblock", false);

It is not important for screenreader-users but there is also a poosibility to see the quote levels in different colors.

Add these lines to your userContent.css:
blockquote[type=cite] {
color: navy ! important;
}
blockquote[type=cite] blockquote {
color: maroon ! important;
}
blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote {
color: green ! important;
}
blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote {
color: purple ! important;
}
blockquote[type=cite] blockquote blockquote blockquote blockquote {
color: teal ! important;
}

"Quote Colors" will change your user.js and your userContent.css in the same way so the easier solution is to install the add on.

Hth and kind regards,
Claudia