Re: [orca-list] Orca --setup on Fedora 9
- From: lars bjorndal broadpark no (Lars Bjørndal)
- To: orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [orca-list] Orca --setup on Fedora 9
- Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:07:07 +0200
"David E. Price" <deprice cs utah edu> writes:
When you start Orca from the Run Application dialog box (Alt-F2), type
orca &> ~/orca-errors.txt
After doing this, take a look at the errors in the file
orca-errors.txt in your home directory. Post what you find there to
the list and maybe someone can help you figure it out.
The error file was created with file size 0, and, of course, the file
was empty then.
I updated to orca-2.22.2-0.fc9.i386 from the speakupmodified repo.
Trying 'orca -t' from the command line, still gives me errors:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orca/orca.py", line 54, in
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pyatspi/__init__.py", line
44, in <modu
reg = bonobo.activation.activate_from_id(REGISTRY_IID, 0, 0)
And from within Gnome, I have the same behaviour as previously. To me,
it looks like orca starts the text setup process, I hear the first
phrases spoken by espeak, and after that, Orca is disappearing
What should I try to fix this one?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lars "Bjørndal"" <lars bjorndal broadpark no>
To: "orca-list" <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:36 AM
Subject: [orca-list] Orca --setup on Fedora 9
I've installed gnome-speech-espeak. Speech-dispatcher does not run. I
cannot get Orca running. What happens, is the following:
- I use 'startx'
- after a while, I press alt-f2 and type orca - from a newly created user.
- Espeak announces "Welcome to orca setup. Press 1 for espeak with
gnome-speech, press 2 for ... slect to choose.".
- However, at the same time, orca disappears. That's confirmed by a
- Nothing happens if I press 1 <enter>.
What could be the problem here?
] [Thread Prev