Re: [orca-list] Orca --setup on Fedora 9

"David E. Price" <deprice cs utah edu> writes:

Hi,

When you start Orca from the Run Application dialog box (Alt-F2), type
the following:

orca &> ~/orca-errors.txt

After doing this, take a look at the errors in the file
orca-errors.txt in your home directory.  Post what you find there to
the list and maybe someone can help  you figure it out.

The error file was created with file size 0, and, of course, the file
was empty then.

I updated to orca-2.22.2-0.fc9.i386 from the speakupmodified repo.

Trying 'orca -t' from the command line, still gives me errors:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/orca/orca.py", line 54, in
  <module>
    import pyatspi
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pyatspi/__init__.py", line
  44, in <modu
le>
    reg = bonobo.activation.activate_from_id(REGISTRY_IID, 0, 0)
Bonobo.GeneralError

And from within Gnome, I have the same behaviour as previously. To me,
it looks like orca starts the text setup process, I hear the first
phrases spoken by espeak, and after that, Orca is disappearing
completely.

What should I try to fix this one?

Lars