[orca-list] [OT] FireVox with speech-dispatcher support

Hi all

About two months ago there was discussion about dropping FireVox support in Orca. As I use FireVox very often, I created version talking directly with speech dispatcher. Today I've got last FireVox version (working with Fx3) and now I have my Firefox 3 talking without Orca or Emacspeak. In my opinion it would be very useful for sighted (or low vision) people who does not use screenreaders, but want to have self-speaking browser.

I tried to contact Firevox author, but I've got no response (I send mails to address from FireVox home page).

If someone is interested, my version (based on yesterday version if FireVox) is here:
http://www.tts.polip.com/files/clc-4-tts_bundle_v3.8spd_release.xpi

There is one extra switch in options panel "lists in document order" (I do not like sorted elements lists, especially headings).

Also, if someone knows working email address of Mr. Chen, please let me know. I have some improvements (in development stage) which may be iteresting to him.

Regards

Bohdan
PS. I use Ivona synthesizer, so I didn't implement pitch change (as Ivona does not support pitch), but it's very simple to add this functionality to speech-dispatcher driver.