[orca-list] Gnome-speech in Ubuntu Hardy

Hey all,

I'd like to test the Espeak patch that is available now but am unsure if I can rebuild Gnome-speech from SVN since I'm using Ubuntu Hardy.  I have no trouble with SVN or building from source but...

I've heard talk on this list that Hardy comes with a specially modified version of Gnome-speech (that's configured to work with Hardy's Pulse Audio configuration) and that if you build Gnome-speech from source you will break your system.  Is this correct?

Thanks.
Paul