Re: [orca-list] Building gnome-speech on Ubuntu

It depends upon your technical abilities. If you're comfortable building and installing packages, then building and installing gnome-speech should be OK. If you've not done it before, then you're at risk and will be at the mercy of people who would love to help, but are very very strapped for time and cannot help.

Will

E.J. Zufelt wrote:
Good afternoon,

Is it still unadvisable to build / install a new version of gnome-speech on Ubuntu?

I believe that I read that it could disable gnome-speech to do this because of the use of Paulse Audio in Ubuntu.

Thanks,
Everett