Re: [orca-list] read to end seems to be broken

Joanmarie Diggs wrote:
Hi Mike.

Just to add, tested with espeak and the problem persists with that
also.  Tried restarting orca, and restarting the system with the same
results.

I just tried it using gnome-speech with Swift on a couple of different
sites both with the laptop layout and with the desktop layout.  I'm
afraid it's working as expected for me (i.e. not cutting out).

So....

Did you have an older (pre "flag day") Orca installed and then grabbed
trunk?  If so, you may have some cruft to clean out.  Please see my
message: http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2008-May/msg00916.html
and Dave Price's follow-up:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2008-May/msg00919.html

And if that ain't it, it would be helpful to have a full debug.out from
you taken while the problem is occurring.  Please see:
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Debugging

Thanks!
--Joanie

Should I delete the /usr/lical/python-2.4/site-packages/orca directory and then re-install the latest trunk version? A bit confused here. Thanks,

Mike