To: "Chris Gilland Desktop" <chrisgilland carolina rr com>
Cc: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:55 PM
Subject: [orca-list] Cepstral stability (was Re: latest orca)

Hey All:

Just a quick note...

I'm seeing various levels of success with Cepstral Swift. Some people report its OK, others say it doesn't work so well. This leads me to believe it may be an OS-specific thing related to audio. It may also be just not having correctly installed and configured Swift itself.

In order to help with these problems, it would be great if people could try the "Troubleshooting" steps at http://live.gnome.org/Orca/GnomeSpeech. When reporting the results of following these steps, it would also be very helpful if you reported:

1) Which OS distribution and version you are using
2) Which version of gnome-speech you are using
3) Which version of Cepstral you are using
4) The results of using the engine's executable used to test the engine itself (e.g., Swift's 'swift' executable) 5) The results of using test-speech to determine if the engine shows up and works with gnome-speech
6) The version of Orca you are using

This kind of information will be very useful.

Thanks!

Will

Chris Gilland Desktop wrote:
Yeah, I kind a noticed this. Not only is it not stable, I can't even get the bloody thing to show up in the list of synths under gnome-speech.

I hear you can get it to work with Speech Dispatcher, but I dono how to do it.

Chris.

Chris.
----- Original Message ----- From: "mattias" <mj mjw se>