Re: [orca-list] Links List - firefox extension

Well, thank you all for the positive comments.

I'm working on a list of headings, which will also (if possible) move to next/previous heading. The issue here is whether the access technology will properly shift focus on command. Most likely Orca will, but Jaws and Window-eyes and possibly NVDA may have trouble since they all use a virtual buffer approach. I have to say I'm curious though, so stay tuned...

As far as building an extension, you need to have a good grasp of Javascript, html, xml, and XUL, and an idea of how these technologies work together. See the following to get started:

Mozilla developer center has all the goodies:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Main_Page

The direct link to the main XUL tutorial is:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XUL_Tutorial

This was originally from XulPlanet, but they are phasing their documentation out in favor of the pages on developer.Mozilla.com. Unfortunately, I could not find the entire tutorial as a downloadable single-page version, which in my opinion is much easier to navigate and work with for a screen reader user. Here is the link to it on XUL Planet. Note: Just after the "contents" heading and the search box, there is a link which says (single document version). Activate this link and it'll allow you to download a zip file containing the entire tutorial. Unzip and open "allofit.zip" and away you go.
http://www.xulplanet.com/tutorials/xultu/

The Mozilla Developer Center has lots of resources on Javascript and DOM (document object model).

Hope this gets you started.
-- Rich

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darragh" <lists digitaldarragh com>