Re: [orca-list] accessing remote x-sessions

Sorry, let me rephrase that... file an RFE on Bugzilla.

dave

----- Original Message ----- From: <DON RAIKES ORACLE COM>
To: <orca-list gnome org>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 6:47 PM
Subject: [orca-list] accessing remote x-sessions

Hello,

I am running a local linux system (ubuntu hardy haron, or fedora 9) I have both types of systems available.

I need to run several java-based xwindows applications on an rhel server at work.

I can get connected to the server using

ssh -X -Y

and run the applications, but when they display locally, orca says they are inaccessible. I even tried a simple gedit session and an xterm session.

I am logged into the remote system as a regular user, and have an .orbitrc file containing the lines:

ORBIIOPIPv4=1
ORBIIOPUNIX=0

for both my user and the root user on the remote server.

1. Is there anything else that I need to do to enable the remote applications to be accessible locally? 2. do I need to install the gnome-accessbridge on the remote server's jdk to enable accessibility in the java applications?

Any help/tips/tricks would be greatly appreciated.