Re: [orca-list] Orca dies after the initial "welcome to orca" and test-speech works

Hi, Rich,

See if you can capture any errors produced by orca. I'm assuming you are starting Orca using Alt-F2. Type the following in the Run Application dialog:

orca &> ~/orca-errors.txt

Once you've done this, the contents of the file orca-errors.txt in your home directory might indicate the nature of the problem. Good luck,

dave

Rich Caloggero wrote:
Am still having the same issue: orca dies just after the initial message.
It also dies as soon as I try and enter the preferences UI from the main
window.  This means I have no ~/.orca directory, so I can't turn on
debugging.  I tried creating ~/.orca by hand, rebooting, and still the same
issue and I still have nothing under ~/.orca so scan't get debugging:
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/Debugging

I've just finished rebuilding orca, atk, gail, and atspi for the millionth
time all from svn.

Where else can I look for a problem?

-- Rich