Re: [orca-list] Issue with shift, alt and control

Hi,

I'm using linux as the host.

I've found that the setxkbmap  command will fix the issue.  If you can run it without requiring shift alt or
control to start the terminal :)

I've got it as a icon on my desktop.

Bart

Farhan writes:
hello, what are you using for your host os?
linux or windows.
if its windows tap the shift key multiple times and control and alt and you will regain focus.
if you use fullscreen it uses more memory and processor power, try using control g if your not.
On 7/28/2008 at 21:07 Bart Bunting said
Hi all,

Perhaps this is not an orca related issue or perhaps it is, I really can't tell.

A couple of times now I've got into a situation where my alt, shift and control keys simply stop working.

I'm not sure how this happens, perhaps when I leave vmware but I haven't been able to confirm this.

Basically they just stop responding, I can't do control alt backspace or anything.

This happens in orca, emacspeak etc appears to effect the entire desktop.  The only way so far I have
found to get out of this is to reboot.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this behaviour?

Regards

Bart