Re: [orca-list] Connecting to a wireless network using Orca

Hi Robin,

On Pungenday, day 57 of Confusion 3174, Robin Kipp wrote:
Could anyone please tell me how to connect to a WLAN network using Gnome
and Orca?

Not me, since I don't like to depend on a running X environment to
configure my network. However, WPA-Supplicant is nicely integrated in
the Debian network configuration. Here is the debian way:

1) aptitude install wpasupplicant
2) add the following two lines to your /etc/network/interfaces

iface wlan0 inet dhcp
        wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

3.) for each access point, add a block like the following example to
your /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:

network={
        ssid="just_another_access_point"
        psk="your_secret_pass_phrase"
        key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
        pairwise=TKIP
        priority=5
}

That was the configuration for an access point with a WPA encrypted
connection. You can add as many "network" blocks as you wish. If one of
the listed access points is found, a connection will be established
automatically.

cheers

  Henning