From: Hermann [mailto:meinelisten onlinehome de]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:12 PM
To: Robin Kipp
Cc: deprice cs utah edu; 'mattias'; orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Connecting to a wireless network using Orca

"Robin Kipp" <webmaster robin-kipp de> writes:

Hi all,
No sorry, I don't know which channel the network uses and it is WPA
encrypted. Does the Network-Admin tool work? Thanks!

It should, dependant on the Debian you use. You must at least have a
file called .orbitrc in your root's directory. To check out what you
need to use such tools you must have admin privileges visit:
http://live.gnome.org/Orca/UbuntuHardy
Note: Perhaps you mustn't do all the steps explained there, but at least
that .orbitrc file is needed. When everything is set up correctly, open
a Gnome terminal and type: sudo network-admin You will be asked for your
user password, and then the admin tool shows up. Check whether your wlan
is listed and then start configuring it.
Note: I cannot give you details on this, since I don't use wlan. Hermann