[orca-list] Ubuntu-Eee patch disables sound?!

Hi List,
I found out that there's a Ubuntu version especially made for the Eee
that is fully featured and contains the necessary drivers. I
successfully installed v8.04 using the GUI with Orca, however no brltty.
After installation, the wiki suggests running a script that customices
some things to make it perfect, it also installs some Wi Fi drivers. But
when I restart the laptop, the sound is completely disabled... So what
can I do now? Everything seems to be normal except for the sound and I
don't understand why the patch disables it...
Robin