[mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org]For Robin Kipp
Skickat: den 21 juli 2008 13:05
Till: orca-list gnome org
Amne: [orca-list] Installing Debian on an Asus EEE

Hi List!
Yesterday I got an Asus EEE PC, a really small, really cool laptop! It
has Win XP pro pre installed, but what I actually want is a Debian Linux
installed on it. The problem is that the standard Lenny installer
doesn't contain many drivers for the EEE such as, for example, the
network drivers. I found an article at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEeePC/HowTo/Install
It describes a custom installer designed especially for the EEE, however
that doesn't contain many components such as brltty which is really a
shame. There are also some instructions on how to install a base Debian
system using the standard installer and installing the drivers
afterwards, however after installing the base system the provided
instructions don't work anymore. Can someone maybe help me with this? Is
there maybe a workaround how I could still access the custom installer
even without brltty? Thanks for help!
Robin