[mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org]For Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson
Skickat: den 19 juli 2008 10:42
Till: Josh
Kopia: Orca-list gnome org
Amne: Re: [orca-list] How about Debian?

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 08:02:40PM -0500, Josh wrote:
   In my search for a distribution, I've found Debian.  I like the looks
of
it a lot and I've heard that it's very reliable.  What's been your
experience?  Can it be installed with it running?  How's it work over
all?  I appreciate all your feedback,

I've been running Debian for a couple of years, and I'm very happy with
it. You can have a stable version, but you can also, if you so desire,
have the latest, less tested packages from the experimental depository.

With regard to installation, it's certainly possible to install Debian
with braille support more or less from the start. Since I don't use
speech output, I can't say for sure, but I think that there now is a
version which will give you speech support.

Regards,

Bertil Smark Nilsson