Re: [orca-list] bug in orca text setup

Hi Halim:

The following are the noticed problems:
1. The user gets some warnings like can't open DISPLAY
BTW. Why does orca want X for text only setup??

These are warnings issues by the gtk Python module, which is a completely separate thing from Orca. I don't think Orca has any control about the gtk module's choice to do so. :-(

As for the answer to your question for why Orca wants X, there's a lot of code in it that ends up tickling/importing the gtk module. Some of this code happens in Orca before it decides to use the text-only setup. I'm not sure how easy it will be to eliminate this, but I'd welcome a patch from someone if they can gracefully eliminate it.

one of the later steps, keyboard layout selection, was spoken with festival again.
After keyboardlayout selection mbrola was back again.

Very strange. I'm not sure why this could be happening. I wonder if some sort of CORBA state is going awry or something. Do you have the capabilities to debug this further?

Will