[orca-list] problem installing ubuntu using onboard sound card:

Hi list this is kenny. I am trying to install ubuntu using a soundcard built in to the motherboard. After I pressed down then pressed f5 3 for the screenreader then pressed enter twice I waited for the instaliation to load, and after the cd stopped spining I didn't hear any speech. Can you tell me what is going on? The mother board that i am using is tyan s 2099 trinity i 845 e version 1.
Does this mean I can't use a soundcard that is built in to the mother board?