Re: [orca-list] What did you do to Thunderbird?

Hermann wrote:

> just updated Thunderbird, and I was surprised to hear that it now is called "Shredder". The preferences > settings are also for Shredder, and this means that I've to adjust that annoying keyboard layout settings > again - those that deal with the "ß" and the "?". In addition the messages list is screwed up: When I enter > it first, I hear "date", and the cursor is placed in this column. The latter stays always and is brailled > too. Furthermore: When I enter an RSS or a newsgroup folder, I hear and read in braille: "Page is loaded,
> please wait".

Something must have gone terribly wrong, either in Orca or in Thunderbird.

Nope. The Thunderbird developers have just decided that their application is now
called Shredder rather than Thunderbird. We had no way of predicting they were about to make this change. They certainly didn't think to let us know.

I've just checked in an alias for this name to Orca SVN trunk, to map it to the Thunderbird script.

If you can think of ways we can improve handling unexpected changes like this in Orca, we'd like to hear from you.