Re: [orca-list] gnome-speech

Hi Alonzo:

My understanding is that the Ubuntu folks have modified the Bonobo activation files for gnome-speech to wrap the drivers to use the audio system preferred by the OS. I *think* you can verify this by looking for the line containing 'type="exe"' in the /usr/lib/bonobo/servers/GNOME_Speech_SynthesisDriver_*.server files. The value of the 'location' tag will tell you what it executes. This, of course, will only tell you what Ubuntu has done if you haven't rebuilt/installed gnome-speech from sources.

Will

Alonzo wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've tried to build gnome-speech and install support for hte text to
speech engine cepstral.  However, gnome does not see the speech engine
and now I'm unable to hear gnome-speech and music at the same time. Is
this because gnome-speech is broken for pulse audio or is it something
else? I read osme where if you rebuild gnome-speech from sorce you will
break it since ubuntu hardy8.04 has it built to work with pulse audio.

Alonzo