Re: [orca-list] Orca Firefox Wiki

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008, Steve Holmes wrote:

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 08:57:03AM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
Well I can't enter say H into a text box in orca mode since it will look
for the next heading.

I can type whatever I want in text fields without ever toggling the
insert-F12 key.  I just make sure the text element has focus before I
type.  I either tab into it and Orca will say "Text" or I can hit the
numpad enter key and if Orca says something like HTML content, I
realize I'm not in the text item.  I can then move over word or
character at a time and check again or try tabbing.  The tab usually
works unless it is the very first thing on the line.  You have to kind
of watch it there.

Ok. I'll have a play and see what I can figure out.
Perhaps it does work and I have just never tried it properly... :-)

The other mode controled by firefox I find not to accessible. I can't seem
to arrow by line...

If you open up ff and hit insert f12 what do you hear?

The first time, I hear something to the effect, "Firefox is now in
Gecko mode". If I press it a second time, it will then say that Orca
is now controling the cursor movement.  So that would tell me that
Orca has control by default.  thus this is opposite of what the wiki
says and why my original question.:)

You didn't edit your orca configuration file did you?
And yes looks like orca does control it by default.
In your case.
Although thoughs strings are different to mine.
Ah you using the latest orca from svn?
The bleeding edge?

--
Daniel Dalton